Hey, you guys, quit procrastinating. We’ve got work to do. Do any of these ways of procrastinating resonate with you?
- You avoid projects because the fear of failing is so great. You’d rather have nothing done than to have the project done incorrectly and be seen as a failure.
- Maybe you’re indecisive so you ask a ton of questions via email and hope you don’t get replies. That way it’s not on you, you did your due diligence. Blame shifting becomes easy. I can relate to this one.
- You procrastinate because you love the adrenaline rush of finishing a project at the last minute. Hitting SEND on that email one minute before its due just feels great to you.
- Sometimes you are so focused on excellence that you restart and restart and restart the project until you get it just right. Yep, another form of procrastination.
- How about just being too busy. You never reach the end of your to-do list or the bottom of your email inbox so everything is in a constant state of being delayed.
We are a people who typically finish what we start. To get real work done, we have to sort out how we procrastinate, fight it, and take those baby steps towards work completion.